- Copyright 2011 Noah P. Melnick All rights reserved. Please see the About page for important disclaimers and information about the blog.
Do you enjoy this blog?
Subscribe to be automatically notified of new posts.
Follow on Twitter:
Like on Facebook:
- Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- Even more standardized IRS???
- KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again….
- Nutty Professor and CNBC’s John Carney think drugs caused the financial crisis….
- It’s all about the decisions…
- Daniel Crowley on Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- John on Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again…. | | The OTC Space on KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again….
- The week that was (issue of 2nd April 2013) | The OTC Space on It’s all about the decisions…
- Too much information… | Derivatives Ninja | The OTC Space on Too much information…
Monthly Archives: July 2011
I spent two days last week in the audience at various ISDA seminars where the 2011 Equity Derivatives Definitions were introduced. If you think that’s actually fun (as I do), I think it’s fair to say that makes you a … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal reporting on today’s (July 21, 2011) Senate Banking Committee hearing quotes Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama uttering what I think is probably the best of the best of all Dodd-Frank rhetoric to date, “‘The only thing … Continue reading
In typical regulator/trade association fashion a gentleman from a large European trade association contacted my employer today in an effort to bring down this blog. Even though this blog makes perfectly clear that all posts are in my individual capacity … Continue reading
The Sun Will Rise in the East on July 16, 2011: what Dodd-Frank, the Sopranos and Y2K have in common . . . .
Die-hard fans of The Sopranos will well remember the episode where Paulie and Christopher chase the Russian mobster into the woods. Paulie manages to put a bullet into him (in his head no less), but then the Russian mobster runs … Continue reading
Pablo Triana, A volatile state for all of us, Financial Times, July 3, 2011 It seems to me that comparing the potential fallout from volatility swaps to the horror hit parade of subprime CDOs is like comparing the Grand Canyon to a … Continue reading
Derivatives did not cause Europe’s woes and European politicians should step up and take responsibility for their own failings rather than blaming derivatives and the rating agencies
It drives me absolutely nuts (and I’m talking Vincent van Gogh, cut off your ear and pop it in the mail crazy or Claudius drinking water from lead pipes crazy) when uninformed commentators and government officials (who know or should … Continue reading