- Copyright 2011 Noah P. Melnick All rights reserved. Please see the About page for important disclaimers and information about the blog.
Do you enjoy this blog?
Subscribe to be automatically notified of new posts.
Follow on Twitter:
Like on Facebook:
- Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- Even more standardized IRS???
- KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again….
- Nutty Professor and CNBC’s John Carney think drugs caused the financial crisis….
- It’s all about the decisions…
- Daniel Crowley on Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- John on Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again…. | | The OTC Space on KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again….
- The week that was (issue of 2nd April 2013) | The OTC Space on It’s all about the decisions…
- Too much information… | Derivatives Ninja | The OTC Space on Too much information…
Monthly Archives: August 2011
I have been meaning to write a post about the FIA-ISDA Cleared Derivates Execution Agreement since it was first published back in June of this year. Originally I was going to do an analytical piece where I walked you through … Continue reading
See the press release here: http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr6095-11.html Congratulations Gary! Best, Noah
I know the blog indicates that if you subscribe you will receive automatic updates. Unfortunately, up until now that has not actually been true–it was more aspirational than factual. Now, however, I have installed a plugin which should actually provide … Continue reading
Due to a high number of spam posts in the comments I have installed a new plugin called CAPTCHA. This plugin requires that commenters type in some letters that appear on the screen in a highly stylized fashion, which “bots” … Continue reading
As some of you may recall, when the European Parliament called for a ban on naked CDS on European sovereign debt I wrote a lengthy piece explaining why such a ban would achieve nothing, and could in fact have unanticipated … Continue reading
The CFTC published in today’s Federal Register a final rule applicable to agricultural swaps, which will become effective on December 31st of this year. Commodity options will be dealt with under a separate rulemaking (no explanation for why was provided). … Continue reading
STOP TRYING TO FIND A SCAPEGOAT PLEASE!!! JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE LOST MONEY DOESN’T MEAN THERE WAS ANY WRONGDOING!!!
In yesterday’s New York Times there is a ridiculous piece trying to call into question the efficacy of the SEC on the basis of the fact that many of its employees come from Wall Street. It names Adam Glass as having … Continue reading