- Copyright 2011 Noah P. Melnick All rights reserved. Please see the About page for important disclaimers and information about the blog.
Do you enjoy this blog?
Subscribe to be automatically notified of new posts.
Follow on Twitter:
Like on Facebook:
- Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- Even more standardized IRS???
- KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again….
- Nutty Professor and CNBC’s John Carney think drugs caused the financial crisis….
- It’s all about the decisions…
- Daniel Crowley on Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- John on Regulators on a rampage…from little or no regulation to dramatic over regulation
- KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again…. | | The OTC Space on KISS Chilton: The Understatement of the Millenium and “Crazy” Bart Rides Again….
- The week that was (issue of 2nd April 2013) | The OTC Space on It’s all about the decisions…
- Too much information… | Derivatives Ninja | The OTC Space on Too much information…
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Morgan Stanley’s Stock Price Got Whacked Because Another Genius That Doesn’t Understand Derivatives Wrote An Incorrect Paper That Was Unintentionally Leaked…
Remarkable after all of this time that some people, especially Wall Street analysts, don’t understand the difference between notional and net exposures. It’s unfortunate that such misunderstandings can still cause such unfortunate results–check it out, as reported by the WSJ.
The eye of the storm…the CFTC’s and the SEC’s continued shirking of rulemaking responsibilities exacerbates uncertainty…
With each passing day one has to wonder what horrors the CFTC and SEC are contriving to spring on the marketplace when at last they finally awake from this brief period of blatent inaction seeming calm. It is so absent of … Continue reading
I spent a fair amount of time this week in my professional capacity (versus the personal capacity in which I write this blog) thinking about the ramifications of the CFTC’s latest NPRs approved for publication in the Federal Register at … Continue reading
I’m having a hard time deciding which I despise more: (1) Congress and the President for enacting such flawed legislation; or (2) the regulators for failing to do what they were required to do by that legislation. Part of me … Continue reading
ISDA’s response to Australia’s discussion paper on the need for establishing an Australian CCP for clearing derivatives. Blurb in Derivatives Intelligence on the same topic. Are we moving towards a situation where every regulator in every country is going to … Continue reading
Just two question Mr. Chairman: First, if you believe in transparency so much, why did you support an NPR attacking the FIA-ISDA Cleared Derivatives Execution Agreement on the basis of a voluntary annex, which when utilized would have resulted in greater information flows … Continue reading