- Copyright 2011 Noah P. Melnick All rights reserved. Please see the About page for important disclaimers and information about the blog.
Do you enjoy this blog?
Subscribe to be automatically notified of new posts.
Follow on Twitter:
Like on Facebook:
- I was too stupid to understand the derivative I bought…so it must be my counterparty’s fault that I lost money…
- A nearly infinite array of reasons to hate the Volcker Rule…
- Wall Street Finally Takes The Fight To The CFTC!
- Sweet justice…what better way to say goodbye to Gary Gensler…
- Educating the ignorant mainstream media about derivatives…debunking the dreck that accounts for journalism these days…
- Laura on Chilton calls for derivatives insurance fund–inquiring minds want to know, what exactly is he smoking?
- The week that was (Dazzling Derivatives; issue of 8th October 2013) | The OTC Space on CFTC once again meddling in things they shouldn’t be…meshing SEFs and execution agreements–problems?
- Robert on It’s going to be a very merry Christmas! Goodbye Mr. Gensler!
- CFTC Once Again Crushes Free Market Forces by Regulatory Fiat: Say Goodbye to the CDEA (at least for SEF/DCM executed trades that are intended to be cleared) | on CFTC once again meddling in things they shouldn’t be…meshing SEFs and execution agreements–problems?
- Scott on Not being an extreme leftist…invoking the name of Emmanuel Goldstein doesn’t come easy for me….
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
Tag Archives: naked european sovereign
As some of you may recall, when the European Parliament called for a ban on naked CDS on European sovereign debt I wrote a lengthy piece explaining why such a ban would achieve nothing, and could in fact have unanticipated … Continue reading
Derivatives did not cause Europe’s woes and European politicians should step up and take responsibility for their own failings rather than blaming derivatives and the rating agencies
It drives me absolutely nuts (and I’m talking Vincent van Gogh, cut off your ear and pop it in the mail crazy or Claudius drinking water from lead pipes crazy) when uninformed commentators and government officials (who know or should … Continue reading